- You need to have a medical with your GP using form D4. Your GP will
charge you for doing this.
- You will need a photo card licence. If you do not have one complete form D2.
Enclose a photograph and take it to your Post Office or send it off to the D.V.L.A. (We advise you to use Recorded Post)
- When you have your provisional licence it is possible to book your theory test and arrange your Assessment. A theory book and CD Rom are available on loan on a returnable deposit basis, however
if you choose to buy your own ensure that it is the latest edition. To book your test using your credit card telephone 03002001122 (menu). Alternatively we can make this booking for you.
- Drivers CPC is now in broken down into 4 modules. This is unless you have acquired rights. Or are exempt (Not for hire or reward).
- Module1 Theory and Hazard Perception.
- Module 2 Case study question and answer based on working environment.
- Module 3 The practical driving test.
- Module 4 Practical demonstration & associated knowledge.
- Training.You can start training before you pass your theory test, however you will not be able to take the LGV test until you have successfully passed your Theory test & Hazard
- We usually book your LGV test for you in order that it is fully integrated with
your training course.
- In the case where you are upgrading from a category C (HGV class 2-3) to C&E
(HGV class 1), no theory test has to be taken and you will just need an assessment.